PDF tutorial with sewing pattern: Plain underwear for boys
This underwear bundle contains the patterns for two basic pieces:
• the underpants, classic brief style (=no legs), proportions appropriate for kids
• the under shirt with a not totally rounded neckline. It is neither too snug nor too wide – a classic piece, suitable for girls as well.
Sewing underwear is fast, easy and a very good way to use up all those scraps. And the results are often prettier and of better quality than store-bought stuff.
Level of Difficulty: Experience sewing with knits is desirable.
Fabric recommendation: Knit fabric must be used. Single jersey, stretch jersey or interlock. Cotton fabric, with or without spandex, works best.
The PDF contains 31 color pages (DIN A4)
• 12 pages of detailed photo instructions with lots of tips and tricks, information about material. Even if you never made underwear before, you will learn everything you need to know. Text in English or German language – you can download both versions after purchase.
• 6 pages pattern pieces in 14 sizes (74, 80, 86, 92, 98, 104, 110, 116, 122, 128, 134, 140, 146, 152 / 9 m, 12m, 18m, 2,T, 3T, 4T, 5T, 6,7,8,9,10,11,12)
• Fabric knowledge and sewing advice, design examples
• add-on: the sewing pattern itself also comes as a large format pdf for plotter (with German labeling)
This pattern is designed for potty trained kids.
Please note: My patterns don’t include the seam allowance, it needs to be added when cutting out the pieces.
All measurements are in centimeters / meters (you can find a small printable ruler in the ebook.)
Text and instructions for this pattern are available in English language.
The EU-sizes used convert approximately to these US-sizes:
68=6M • 74=9M • 80=12M • 86=18M • 92=2T • 98=3T • 104=4 • 110=5• 116=6 • 122=7 • 128= 8 • 134=9 • 140=10 • 146=11 • 152=12 • 158=13 • 164=14 • 170=15
European sizes are based on children’s height. If you know your child’s height, just convert it from inches to centimeters and select the EU size according to the height.
Please be aware that these are digital PDF-files you have to print yourself (“ebooks“), you will not receive a paper pattern via mail.
This pattern is optimized for DIN A4 paper, most will work fine on letter size paper as well.
This pattern is intended for private use and to produce one-of-a-kind pieces or small series for a small business. If you use the pattern for your business, please don’t forget to add the source “pattern by erbsenprinzessin.com“ to your promotional text. Thank you.
Mass production or industrial use of the undies is not allowed under any circumstances.
It is not allowed to sell ready to sew pieces of the undies (for example as a part of sewing kits).
You are not allowed to share, print or publish this PDF or any parts of it.
I can not be held responsible for any errors that patterns might contain, nor can I be held responsible for any injuries, losses, and other damages that may result from the use of the information in this pattern. Please ensure yourself that products made with this pattern follow your country’s children’s clothes safety regulations, as these vary widely form country to country.
Have fun sewing!